Redverz Atacama Expedition Motorcycle TentRedverz.com
- Current Stock:
- Usually Ships in 24 hours
- Calculated at Checkout
The ATACAMA™ Expedition Tent
3rd GEN MOTORCYCLE TENT
When camping off a motorcycle, even as minimalist traveller, you have a ton of gear. “Not me,” you say. Take off your helmet, riding boots, pants, armored jacket and see how big that pile is. If you are spending the night in anything less than a 2 person tent, this gear either stays outside or it comes in and leaves you with little room to lay back and spread out. Add a second rider and their gear to the tent and you'll feel downright claustrophobic. Then the realization hits, that perfect cloudless day you set out in turns into a raging, torrential downpour and you need shelter. It's right here and now, in the dry, spacious garage, that you realize your investment in the Atacama Expedition Tent has really paid off.
SAVE $50 WHEN YOU ORDER A COMPLETE ATACAMA TENT PACKAGE* ENTER CODE Ata50 AT CHECKOUT.
*Package Includes Tent, Sleep Ground Sheet, Garage Ground Sheet and 50 Liter Dry Bag For the Atacama. Offer Ends Sept. 30th, 2018.
The Atacama is the third generation of our original, patented motorcycle tent. The unique garage design opened the door to an entirely new tent genre back in 2008, a product which had motorcyclists and their bikes clearly in mind. Others have attempted to copy the design, but we stay out front and constantly push the boundaries of luxury and functionality, designing gear that meets the needs and wants of our customers.
Ignore the gargantuan garage for a moment, so spacious. (It was designed for a fully loaded touring bike.) Focus instead on the sleeping area. This is designed for 1, 2 or 3 people, however you decide to set it up. Real world - How big is the bedroom?
1 Up? Think twin bed XL with a bed side camp chair and your riding gear generously spread about the room.
2 Up? Full Queen size bed with ample space either side for your gear especially with your own unique entry doors to enter and exit.
3 Up? Pack it in. Still plenty of room for three pads; but some of your personal gear especially those stinky socks and boots are going into the garage Vestibule. Heck, if we are using the garage too for sleeping go ahead and invite five of your friends to sleep over. Better yet, have them join you with their camp chairs to hang out when the sun sets, then send them off to their micro tent for the night.
This is where it happens in the Atacama Tent. The two opposing garage doors taper up from the bottom so you can ride any size full touring adventure bike with panniers straight through, or park inside. If sleeping with your bike is not your thing, stretch out with chairs for coffee or eating. This vestibule is huge. You never knew how much you wanted to stand up in a tent until you can. Warning! All your friends will want to come hang out here.
Let’s get all geeky for a moment. When a storm comes through and that deluge of rain hits, for all intents and purpose we say our tents are waterproof. 4000mm hydrostatic head is the gold standard we set. If your tent specs have less than 3000mm on the outer fly, it’s not expedition quality and barely useful for half hour of light drizzle. Read some of our testimonials to understand my we take this so seriously.
Poles too. Good poles are the difference between a round world trip and a failed music festival. We source and build the finest aircraft grade aluminum poles available. We have pre-bends in ours, so finely designed they have already been contoured to reduce the stress on them. Whatever your trip brings these are designed to bring you home.
COMPLETE YOUR ATACAMA TENT - Custom Atacama Accessories
|Sleeping Bay||92in x 95in (max)|
|Garage Vestibule||100in x 100in|
|Peak height||77 in|
|Floor fabric||Polyester 70D 190T 10000mm|
|Rainfly fabric||Coated ripstop Polyester 68D 210T 4000mm|
|Inner Tent fabric||75D 190T/P breathable|
|Mosquito Netting||Mesh B3|
|Pole material||Aluminum 7001 T6, shock cord|
|Pole diameter||11mm (2) 9.5mm (1) Section Length 20.5"|
|Pack Size||10 x 21 in|
Redverz Atacama Walk thru Video
- Flexible hoop design performs well in high winds
- The design of the frame creates nearly vertical inner tent walls resulting in a spacious garage with area-wide headroom, tall enough to stand up inside the tent
- 2 distinct, purpose-fitted ground sheets are available for either the garage or sleeping area, or both
- Motorcycle bay accommodates a full size adventure tourer with panniers, Harley Ultra Classic and countless additional bikes
- Flow-through venting circulates air from one end of the tent to the other, ideal in hot climates
- Rectangular floor plan optimizes usable space and ample sleeping bay accommodates 3 campers with the ability to sleep cross-wise or lengthwise and utilize cots for 2.
- Two convenient J-Doors and large, mesh door vestibule offer easy, sheltered access into and out of the tent
- Hybrid floor combines fully, factory-sealed seams and bathtub curves to create a tough waterproof finish
- Unsurpassed comfort, storage and security are afforded by our spaciouss sleeping bay, large vestibule and versatile motorcycle bay
- Superior quality, anodized tent poles
- Tent purchase includes guy lines with tightener and stow bags, stakes, stake bag, poles, pole bag and an easy-to-use compression stuff sack. Waterproof Redverz Gear dry bags and ground cloths are sold separately
- Multiple storage options include inner pockets and hang loops
Pack Size & Weight
- Entire tent packs down to just 21"x10"
- Tent weight of 14.6 lbs includes poles, pegs and complete tent
- View More Videos our Video channel
REDVERZ GEAR warranties the materials and workmanship in every REDVERZ GEAR tent to the original owner. If your REDVERZ GEAR tent has received proper care, but fails due to a defect in manufacturing, the parts will be replaced at REDVERZ GEAR'S discretion. Damages incurred due to accident, improper care or negligence where REDVERZ GEAR is not at fault, including sun degradation, mildew, wear and tear due to hard use are not eligible for warranty replacement. REDVERZ GEAR offers a 2 year, limited warranty to the original owner on all REDVERZ GEAR tent framework. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser. Proof of purchase is required.